Tuesday 3 May 2016

New car!

This past weekend was the second long weekend in a row (how luxurious). The first one we spent at my parents farm, I spent a lot of time reading and knitting. It was nice. This past weekend we went to Chermside shopping centre to buy a new work jumper for me and ended up getting a car too! Here are some photos of my new pride and joy:



It is a 2001 Toyotal Hilux dual cab ute with a canopy. It's so beautiful! We were thinking about getting a car for OH to better suit his work, and we stumbled across this one. It was too good to be true so we had to get it. It cost $11,000 and I paid $7,500 cash and my Dad put up the remaining $3,500 until I pay him back. We are going to Fraser Island next weekend and this car will be PERFECT! I am so in love. We added some LED lighting to the inside of the canopy too, a strip along the middle for the inside and a strip along the bottom of the rear window, so that when you open it it can be used for light for cooking etc.

All that took up most of the weekend, and also dreaming of what we want to do with it. So much potential.  At least it has all the basics like roof racks and tow ball which is great. We also finished digging a BIG hole in the yard, ready for our permanent flower bed. I hope they all are self seeding flowers and that we will never have to go in there. Here is the photo of the finished hole.



I also used my new electric yogurt maker to make some coconut yogurt. All I needed was coconut cream, a bit of culture and some sugar. The end result is very delicious! And it was very easy with the yogurt maker too. The garden is going well, the peas are going strong and the lettuce has gone to seed. I think it's time for the tomatoes to go, they don't seem to have much fruit on them. The root veges are going well too, but OH thinks that something is coming and eating seeds and small seedlings. We can't seem to grow anything at the moment! Our seedlings are finally getting stronger and hopefully we can plant them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment