Tuesday 10 May 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

Last weekend was a quiet one for me. On Saturday we spent the morning in the garden, weeding, mulching and planting. It looks a lot nicer now.



OH cleaned up the tomatoes that weren't producing and we planted some new seeds. The previous seeds must have got carried away by ants, but OH still insists on planting them in the ground???? Oh well. OH has also been selling seedlings out the front of our house. We have made $8 so far which pays for the seeds for the couple varieties we sold which is nice.



OH and his brother left to go and visit his parents on Saturday afternoon so I had the house to myself for A WHOLE DAY! It was wonderful. I spent the time grocery shopping, making a carrot cake for mothers day, and making rosella cordial. It is divine.



On Sunday afternoon I spent a couple hours painting the homemade roof racks on the ute. The paint was peeling off and it looked pretty ratty. Even though I ran out of paint it looks a lot better.


On Sunday night we went out for dinner for Mothers Day. It is a special occasion this year, as it is my Grandmas first mothers day without my Grandpa. We went to a really nice seafood place in Manly and the food was nice. We ate the carrot cake afterwards and it was very nice. Will have to write the recipe down.

I have also been knitting a scarf from yarn that I picked up when I went to the last CWA meeting. Its a bit lumpy on the edges but I love the pattern! Its very geometric which really speaks to me as an engineer. This weekend is a 4 day trip to Fraser Island! I've never been before and I'm very keen to take the ute for a spin. I've grabbed my late Grandpa's nice camera for the trip so hopefully I can upload some nice photos. We have fishing rods ready to go, I'm so excited!



Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment