Wednesday 20 April 2016

Quiet weekend at home - not!

Another busy weekend for us. I had some of my old school friends over on Friday night for dinner, I made homemade gnocchi and a creamy mushroom and leek sauce. We had an unexpected visitor - a 10 month old dog who was scared by the fireworks and ran almost 2km to our house. Luckily we were able to find her owner quickly. I also played a soccer game on Friday night. First time goalkeeping in a loooong time. I had a great time, and I still have some of my skills!

OH visited his Mum last week and came back with heaps of awesome produce. One haul was a heap of guavas, so we made a lot of guava jelly.



It smells a bit funny to eat but it's very tasty. He also brought back about 12 cups of rosellas, so we made a bit of jam too.



We've still got 2/3rds of it left so we have grand plans for a bit of cordial. I also made a very basic soap from soap flakes, water and vanilla essence. It's hardening now and we'll see how it goes. It almost seems too easy!



We also ran around on the weekend to build a cool new seed raising area. It's 3x1m so it's pretty big! We used almost all recycled parts, except for the roof and screws. I am worried that it is too exposed but we'll see how it goes. Sometimes its good having an OH who did carpentry for a bit.



I've also spent my free time digging a big hole in the yard. I convinced OH to plant out the Rosellas, and as we don't get much frost here hopefully they fruit before the lease is up. The patch is going to be a permanent flower garden to bring some bees to the garden. I will post photos of it when it isn't just a patch of dirt! This long weekend we are heading off to my parents farm, hopefully the weather is good. Time to relax a bit I think. Have a good week and long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment