Wednesday 18 May 2016

Fraser Island Weekend

From Friday to Monday we spent some time at Fraser Island. It was my first time visiting and my first time taking my new car four wheel driving. It is a really beautiful place and there is a lot more interesting nature than I thought. This is some of the beautiful dense forest that we drove through.



We went with the Sunshine Coast Land Rover Club as part of the island cleanup. There were 300 cars there from all over QLD. We tagged along with OHs dad. This is Lake Mackenzie, which is all fresh water. It was really nice for a refreshing swim.



This is my car on the beach, it was really good for pulling out a bit of quick lunch as we had everything with us. I am extremely happy with it for camping and four wheel driving.



And for good measure here is a nice one of it on the beach.



Just before we left last week I received my big order from knit picks. Yay! Can't wait to get started, once I finish my scarf of course.



OH has been having a lot of luck with growing seedlings using 2/3 seed raising mix and 1/3 worm castings. No seeds have started in the garden and I'm glad we've got the seedlings as a back up. My chickens are going well, however my unreliable broody is now molting! So she has only really laid for 2 weeks this year. Very disappointing! She is lucky she is cute. We have plenty of eggs anyway so not all bad. I am playing basketball this Saturday and Sunday will probably be working on the car. 

Have a nice week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, just popped over from the DTE forum to say hi! Love your blog, you and your DH are very busy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! Yes we have been very busy :)

      Delete