Sunday 10 April 2016

Market time!

What a busy weekend!

Today we went to the Green Day Out in Brisbane to try and sell some of our old shop stock. We sold everything half price (what we paid for it) to try and get rid of some stock. We sold more than 60 items so we made a pretty big dent in the stock. Here is our stall.



And here is our lovely spare bedroom with heaps more space. The clothes and market stuff now fits on the 3 racks and in a box.



It is a really great event and an awesome simple living resource. I bought an electric yogurt maker which I'm really keen to give a spin. It seems really easy to use and I can make dairy and non-dairy yogurt. I also got a preserving starter kit which has things like jar tongs and lid lifter. Now I just need some food to preserve and a good book and I'm ready to go. I also got some bicarb so I can make more cleaning products.



Yesterday I noticed that there was a heap of rio in the skip bin from the construction next door so we grabbed it to make a trellis. We put it up next to our peas. We haven't had much luck with trellis' staying up and being tall enough for our plants. This one looks good and sturdy.



Our seedlings are also plodding along, but we haven't been able to plant at the beginning of the month like planned. They just haven't really got past the small adult leaf stage and are really struggling. We also learnt this week you need light coloured shade cloth rather than green for letting enough light in. Oh well!



Hopefully we can plant something soon other than peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment