Monday 4 April 2016

A Weekend of Microgreens and Dishcloths

Last weekend was lovely. Saturday was weeding and knitting at OH's Dads, and lots of homemade pizza and red wine for dinner. It was nice to have a few drinks (and many more laughs!).

Woke up with a bit of a sore head on Sunday, but after a slow morning of reading we headed off to OH's mum's house. OH and his mum are planning on growing microgreens on a fairly large scale, so Sunday was spent preparing. We built a large worm farm from something that was intended to be a dog kennel (???) but it is totally perfect.





There is a bucket going down the hill for worm juice. We are planning to put a table/bench thing on the plain steel bit on the side. We also did a trial run of some different potting mediums, like coconut fibre, seed raising mix and worm castings. It will be interesting to see which one works the best. We also tried 3 different types of seed to see what happens.


In between all this work I managed to finish 2 dishcloths. 


It's been a while since I knitted last but I seemed to pick it back up quickly and I was quite surprised that I finished 2. Now I need to find a needle to finish it off. I think the weave (?) might be a bit loose, I guess I will see when I try to clean something. Might use smaller needles next time. Here is a nice photo of a sunset I caught last week while on a walk.



This weekend we are going to see a concert on Saturday night, and trying to sell the rest of our shop stock at the Green Day Out in Brisbane. We had a good day there last time so hopefully we will be able to get rid of a bit of it. Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment