Wednesday 8 March 2017

My Simple Life - So Far...Pt 2

Here I am again, looking back at my simple life so far. It has been a wonderful experience over the last year and I am interested to see where it will take me. Great places I am sure!

I have also...

6. Learnt how to CLEAN GREEN

After making my own laundry liquid and deodorant, now I want to make everything! I have harnessed the power of vinegar and I need nothing else. I am currently sourcing recipes to make green cleaners for when we move into our new home. Goodbye chemicals!

7. Learnt how to THRIFT

I have come to highly appreciate the values and opportunity of Second Hand. Some of my great finds in the last year include my Grandmas mix master, a bread maker from gumtree and a juicer from an op shop. It is cheaper and better for the environment to buy second hand (and probably better quality).

My Grandma's old reliable mixmaster

8. Learnt to love CHORES

I never used to like vacuuming (usually along the lines of..."why is it me always doing this??") but now I appreciate the routine and the result. I also was the same with washing the dishes. But in a fast paced world, it is refreshing to slow down and do manual tasks.

9. Learnt to become a CONSCIOUS CONSUMER

I am a lot more conscious as to where my dollars go these days. I haven't bought produce from overseas for a long time. Our local farmers markets really help with this. I try to buy items that will last forever. I just bought a fridge that was more expensive, but super energy efficient. We are also looking at buying a pure organic wool mattress, which is fully biodegradable. What a concept!

10. Learnt to love MY HOME

Part of the reason I am so excited to finally move into my own home is that it will be MY HOME. Not a rental, not one I am sharing with my parents, but mine. I am excited to start stockpiling, making soaps and delicious meals, start a proper vegie garden, work on saving electricity, and have some down time in front of the (yet to be installed) fireplace and knit and read to my hearts content. Living a proper simple life :)

That is really only the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure there are many other things that I just do naturally that are simple living. All I know is that I am heading the right direction, all thanks to the wonderful ladies at the forum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment