Saturday 19 March 2016

Wood chips!

We've been helping my Dad to trim some trees over the past few weeks and he wanted to get is something nice in return. So along with a curry dinner last night, he bought us a ute load of wood chips! We've been thinking about getting it for a while to attempt to control the rampant nut grass problem. Here is the garden now:


It looks soo pretty. Now it needs more plants so it's more green! On Friday we went to Bunnings to get some potting mix and have a look at prices of seedlings as a reference if we want to sell ours. I spied a whole bunch of finger lime trees and had to get one! We've been meaning to get one for a while because they are such slow growers but they've always been quite expensive. We got this one for around $18. It's coming out the bottom of the pot so it's time to repot it.


At work we've been having a bit of a bake off and the challenge so far has been scones. I've never made them before so I've made some now and they look awesome and are so delicious! I'm so happy with them. I'm going to whip some cream and have jam with them tomorrow.

 

Hope everyone has had a relaxing Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment