Thursday 17 March 2016

First Post!

Yay! First post!

My name is Kat and I live in Brisbane. I am the ripe old age of 22 and I am a graduate mechanical engineer. Over the course of my life I have figured out that my interests aren't quite the same as those of my peers. My current passion - gardening!

I made this blog to document my garden a bit more, as I find that we repeat our mistakes a bit and I hope that writing it down will help me remember better. I also love cooking, so maybe I'll post some of my favourite recipes too.

This weekend I am picking up my mums old knitting gear and I'm excited to get back into it again. I used to do scarves a few years ago and now I want to try some dishcloths. My simple living journey is just starting and I'm very excited about it. My most recent success is making laundry detergent for pennies.

I have been enjoying these seperate things for a while, but what brought it all together and inspired me was Rhonda Hetzels blog Down to Earth and her books. The forum she has linked in her blog is home to a lot of very fascinating characters, also interested in the idea of simple living like me. Thanks to their ideas I decided to finally start a blog!

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to be starting your own blog! Rhonda Hetzel's blog and books are just amazing. They've helped me so much already. By the way, I totally hear you about interests not being the same as peers. My friends and family have often said that I should have born in another era. Perhaps we are kindred spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books just make so much sense hey. We are few and far between in our age group!

      Delete