Monday 5 June 2017

June Update

Hello from a fairly chilly Queensland! After our last busy month we are keen to slow down and do some catching up. Because we have been so wild with trying to get things done the house has been a bit neglected. I would like to get the downstairs and all of OH's tools sorted in particular.

Last weekend we must have done something, but I can't remember right now! I remember a good night at the wood fired pizza oven at OH's Dad's. I spent time on my assignment which is now finished. I am now 1/4 way through my post grad certificate.

During the week we had some local blokes come in with a chipper and chop up the branches we have accumulated over the last few weeks. Now we have a great big pile of wood chips to use in the yard. This is part of our permaculture plan to try and keep all organic matter on the property so we don't have to buy it later.

Orange flag on the stick was where it was supposed to go...oh well.
On Saturday I went to the Maleny Agricultural show with my BIL and his son (who is disabled). It was a beautiful day and we saw lots of animals which my nephew loved. He got to pat a Peppa Pig (his favourite TV show!). I pulled out my Pop's old Nikon camera for the weekend to take better photos for the blog and I have enjoyed myself, I must do it more often.


There were some impressive cows and bulls at the show, and we saw some show jumping too.

Moo


And some crazy chickens too!

I'm not sure where its head is?
It was a great way to spend the morning. I also did a little walk through of my property which is something I do quite often. I focus on a small area and try to identify a few of the trees around. Unfortunately a lot of what I find are weeds! But I did find some lovely flowers.

This tree has been threatening to flower since we moved in in September.



Golden Penda is flowering now...a few weeks after Brisbane

Bees love it!
Unfortunately on Sunday I came down with the flu and haven't got much done since then!

Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear me, Kat...I hope you feel better soon. You probably need lots of lemon juice, honey and TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Agricultural Shows, any country show. As kids we would go and I have fond memories and I also remember looking at the animals when we went to the Royal Melvourne Show. Our kids have been to plenty as well, with picnics.
    Just showed my daughter the chicken and asked her to look for the chickens head. She is having a little scratch I've been informed ��.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and take care.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats a country show. Great clear pics, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how cute is your nephew with Pepper. Kids love that kind of interaction with animals, when they get the chance.

    Get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete