Monday 24 October 2016

Vege patch update

Last weekend was a quiet one for us, I spent Saturday morning cutting all of my hair off to donate to charity and OH took a few big loads of stuff to the dump.

That's my hair!

When I finally made it up the coast we went for a swim in the pool (first for this summer!). I'm not sure what we did that afternoon, but it must have been nice :)
On Sunday it was pretty dreary and cold. Definitely no swimming! We had a very lazy morning (except for one dump trip) and after we made some bread and cake we helped OHs mum to paint her house. It is a big job but it is looking great. We also helped them by pruning their mandarin tree and harvesting some bananas for them. We got 3 large bunches in total and they are hanging under our house, away from the bush turkeys.



My little vege patch is looking a bit bare after taking out the rocket. The tomatoes are pretty slow, I think its because it's been fairly chilly. Some of them had blossom end rot so it is a good sign that I need to put some lime down to give a calcium boost. I hope that is what they need to get moving.



But I do have a little zucchini on my Black Beauty plants! After all male flowers it is a relief. Hopefully it stays there.



I planted some seeds today too. I have put in lettuce, marigold and silverbeet. That should help fill out the bed a bit. I've used coloured straws to mark out the different plants. Green for lettuce, pink for silverbeet and orange for marigold.



Here is a fabulous sunset we caught at home, just in time. Have a nice week!



No comments:

Post a Comment